Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker
Hamilton Beach is basically an American marketer, designer, and distributor of home and kitchen appliances. Since their debut in 1910, they have survived the market and the competition.
One of the most acclaimed products of the brand are its rice cookers. But before buying, one should obviously look at the ins and out of the products or the brand.
In this article, we will talk about the brand as a whole and three of their reputed rice cookers to give a better idea.
Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker: An overview
With a series of inquiries and sessions from experts, we have found out three of the brand’s best products. Here, we will discuss the key features that are essential for a cooker to have.
We will also take a look at their advantages and disadvantages for having a clearer image.
The three products that we have chosen are
- Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice Cooker & Food Steamer, 8 Cups Cooked (4 Uncooked)
- Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker & Food Steamer, 16 Cups Cooked (8 Uncooked)
- Hamilton Beach (37571) Digital MultiCooker
Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice Cooker & Food Steamer, 8 Cups Cooked (4 Uncooked): Best overall
The first product on our list is the Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice Cooker & Food Steamer. It has a fluid capacity of 64 ounces.
That means it can hold up to 4 cups of uncooked rice ( 8 cups of cooked rice). The cooker is made with durable stainless steel. So you can expect a stable run from this machine.
This cooker provides you with a range of versatile cooking. You can cook steamed vegetables, whole grains, and cereal in this cooker. So you can easily enjoy one-pot steamed healthy meals anytime. The manufacturers have included a rice rinser or a steam basket with it to help with rice dumps.
There is a countdown timer attached to the panel of the cooker that shows the cooking time. Also, the warmer function keeps the warm food inside.
- Durable build quality
- Convenient capacity
- Not-stick cooking pot
- The warm feature is not that impressive.
- Longer cooking time
Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker & Food Steamer, 16 Cups Cooked (8 Uncooked) :(Another great option)
The next product on our list is the Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker & Food Steamer, which is the 8 cups variant. It is made of supreme quality heat-resistant plastic. The capacity of 16 cups of cooked rice is quite impressive and makes it an ideal choice for small parties and gatherings.
The cooker is versatile enough. You can cook steamed food, cereal, and vegetables in the cooker. Also, you are allowed to cook rice and vegetables simultaneously. While on top of the steam basket, you put the vegetables; the bottom area is made for rice.
The cooker is smart enough to change the heat or cooking modes. After cooking, it automatically shifts to the warm mode to keep the food warm.
- Impressive cooking capacity
- Rice rinser included
- Automatic cooking mode shift
- Dishwasher-safe non-stick accessories included.
- The cooking switch is sometimes stuck
- Smaller holes in the steaming basket might be an issue for water passing.
Hamilton Beach (37571) Digital MultiCooker : (Value for money)
This one is the last product on the list. It comes with an enormous capacity of 20 cups of cooked rice. So you can feed a crowd with this cooker. Like the previous two models, you can cook Easy pot meals in the cooker. Whole grains, cereal, steamed seafood, pasta, and many more items can be cooked.
The cooker has fourteen pre-programmable features or modes that keep the food warm. Also, the delayed start setting makes your cooking experience convenient.
This model also includes a steaming basket for cooking vegetables and rinsing rice to lumps.
- Huge capacity
- Pre programmable cooking mode
- Non-stick dishwasher safe accessories
- user friendly
- The warm mode can burn the food if kept for a long time.
- The condensation catcher is not impressive.
What is the rice to water ratio for a Hamilton Beach rice cooker?
- Water ratio is crucial while cooking rice. A misinterpretation can make the rice super sticky or fill with lumps! For a Hamilton Beach rice cooker, you can expect the ratio to be 1:1.
How long does it take to cook rice in a Hamilton Beach rice cooker?
- It takes almost 45 to 50 minutes to cook rice in a Hamilton Beach rice cooker. However, different models may take different duration. 45 to 50 minutes is on a general note.
Do you wash rice before putting it in a rice cooker?
- Rinsing rice before putting it in the cooker is a good practice. It actually helps to avoid lumps. Yet, if you want rice that is a little sticky, you may or may not rinse it before putting it inside the cooker.
Is it worth buying a rice cooker?
- If you prepare rice or different cuisines with rice very frequently or simply love eating rice, a rice cooker is worth investing in. A medium-range rice cooker will provide you with impressive longevity. Therefore, buying one is worth every penny!
So this was a detailed discussion over Hamilton Beach Rice cookers. On a general note, we found them to be quite sustainable.
Everything is in a proper place, starting from the features to the build quality. However, some of the products are seen to create a lot of issues regarding heat control, cooking mode, and power switch.
If you can negotiate with these minor cons, this brand is a bargain.