Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set Review
Author: Diptesh Das
There’s something delightful about fondue. After all, it’s gooey liquid cheese into which you can dip anything from bacon to apple. Plus, it’s so sophisticated! If you love to host fancy parties at home with cheese and good wine, a fondue set can add some magnificence to the table. For that, you can check out the Swissmar Lugano Fondue set!
Swissmar is a brand that has been in business for twenty years. It has a range of fondue sets for enthusiasts who would like to serve some cheesy delight - be it a date night or an intimate dinner with friends. But will the fondue set meet your fondue needs - and your sense of esthetics? Read our Swissmar Lugano Fondue set review to find out!
Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set Review: Overview
The Swissmar Lugano fondue set is a 9-piece set that has a traditional look and is perfect for fun and cheesy dinners. The set includes everything from a burner to a pot, along with accessories that you’ll need to serve fondue. It’s convenient and stylish to make your dinner parties an instant hit!
Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set: Features:
- 9-Piece Set: This fondue set comes with a pot, fondue burner, rechaud or stand, and fondue forks. It also comes with a recipe book.
- 3 Color Options: The cast iron pot is available in three different colors.
- 2 Capacity Options: You can choose between two size options with a capacity of 2 Qt and 2.5 Qt.
- 3-Oz Fuel Container: The burner can accommodate 3 ounces of gel fuel.
Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set: Advantages and Disadvantages
Now that we know of the basic features of the Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set, let’s take a look at the best qualities of the product and attributes that need a little improvement.
Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set: Pros
- Traditional Look: From the cast iron pot to the wrought iron stand, everything has a classic look reflecting a Swiss esthetic.
- Complete Set: The set comes with everything (except fuel) needed for a small fondue party.
- No Seasoning: Unlike other cast iron pots, this one doesn’t need to be seasoned as it is enamel-coated.
- Easy to Clean: Although the set needs to be hand-cleaned, it is quite easy to clean, especially because of the enamel coating of the pot and the non-stick materials of the utensils.
- Different Heat Sources: This fondue set can handle all heat sources and different heat levels.
- Even Cooking: It has an excellent capacity to retain heat and can also distribute heat evenly.
- More Than Cheese: It is not only great for serving hot cheese but also chocolate and broth.
- Convenient: This fondue set makes it easy to enjoy a traditional and elegant experience.
Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set: Cons
- Only 6 Forks: This set is fine if you want to entertain as many as six people, but not for a larger party.
- No Fork Rest: Since it’s best to keep forks out of the pot to prevent a drop in temperature, the fondue set could do with a fork rest.
- No Splash Guard: It would be better if the set had a splash guard to bring down cooking time and prevent hot cheese from splattering all over the place.
- Expensive: This fondue set is a little on the pricey side.
- Fuel Not Included: The fondue works on gel fuel, which you will need to purchase separately.
Now, let’s understand if this is the right fondue set for you.
Who can use the Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set?
The Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set is designed for people who love to make every dinner get-together and date night special. Do you think that entertaining guests is a form of art? Do you always make a special effort for your friends, family, or someone special? Then this set is perfect for you.
With 6 forks and a 2-Qt pot, this set isn’t designed for a huge party, though. But it’s perfect for a small group. You can also enjoy a romantic meal with your date - with a pot of deliciousness. Serve cheese, broth, or chocolate, with a side of fruits, veggies, bread, or anything you can think of!
How can you use the Swissmar Lugano Fondue?
With this fondue set, you can enjoy tableside cooking with your near and dear ones. One great feature of this set is that it can be used on a stove-top or cook the fondue directly in the pot over the burner using the gel fuel. This gives you complete flexibility to choose your cooking time.
If you don’t use the stove-top, it takes more time. A traditional cheese fondue recipe, for instance, will take around half an hour. But that’s not because of the quality of the set but due to the heat or fuel. It shouldn’t be a problem if time is not an issue, and you’re there to chill with some wine.
Is the Swissmar Lugano Fondue stylish enough?
Let’s admit it - there’s a certain style factor associated with fondue. You wouldn’t just bring out a fondue set when you have a bunch of guys over on a Sunday to watch the game. It’s for the more refined crowd - and when you want to create a bit of an impression of your guest while having fun.
The Swissmar Lugano Fondue Set has a rustic look - in a very graceful manner. The pot comes in three attractive colors, and the rechaud or stand, built out of wrought iron, is designed with an old-school pattern and an attractive patina for an appealing look that adds a level of style to a party.
Final Words: Is the Swissmar Lugano Fondue right for you?
If you love to throw unique dinner parties for your close friends, or enjoy making your family special meals now and then, the Swissmar Lugano Fondue can be a great addition to your collection of fancy cooking and dining accessories. It’s stylish, fun, and easy to use. It’s costly, but its quality, durability, and capability to give you evenly cooked, delicious fondue makes it worth the price.