Ooni Pro - Pizza Oven Review
Author: Diptesh Das
Imagine this: you and your pals out in the backyard, talking about football, popping open beer - and enjoying freshly baked pizza just out of your very own oven! Sounds like a dream, right? But if you have been stalling your dream to cook pizzas because you don’t know which oven to pick, we are here to help you - with our Ooni Pro - Pizza Oven Review!
Ooni, earlier known as Uuni, kickstarted its journey as a pizza oven manufacturer in 2012 - with Kickstarter. It was an immediate success, and the brand has never had to look back. It has only grown since then and has rapidly become one of the top pizza oven brands to look out for! Without a doubt, Ooni Pro is one of its most popular products, loved by pizza-heads.
But is the popularity of the Ooni Pro a result of the brand’s goodwill? Or does it really live up to the hype? Read on to find out more!
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven Review: Overview
If you love to throw pizza parties and show off your culinary skills by serving deliciously flavored, perfectly cooked pizzas, you have probably already heard about Ooni, always trying to outdo its own oven models. Ooni Pro is its latest pizza oven, equipped with four different fuel options and dual airflow control to crank the heat up to 500 C in about 15-20 minutes.
Let’s find out about a few features of the Ooni Pro Pizza Oven.
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven: Features
- Material: Its body is made of brushed 430 stainless steel, and its door handle is made of birch wood. It is insulated with ceramic fiber, and its baking board is made of cordierite.
- Fuel: It can run on four types of fuel, i.e., charcoal, wood, pellets, and propane gas.
- Cooking Options: Primarily designed as a pizza oven, it is also capable of cooking other foods.
- Indoor/Outdoor: With the ability to heat up to a high temperature quickly, this oven is ideal for outdoor usage.
- Technical Details: It has a dimension of 740x490x790 mm, with a cooking surface of 45x45 cm. The oven weighs 22 kg.
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven: Advantages and Disadvantages
Before we go into further discussion about the Ooni Pro Pizza Oven, let’s take a quick look at the pros and cons of the oven.
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven: Pros -
- Heat retention: The insulated body and the baking board made of stone optimize heat retention for outdoor cooking.
- Quick Heating: This oven takes at most 20 minutes to reach a temperature of 500 C. It can take as little as a minute to deliver a stone-baked pizza.
- Quad-Fuel: You can run the oven on four different fuels, i.e., charcoal, wood, pellet, and propane, for better control and authentic taste. It’s also highly fuel-efficient.
- Multi-Purpose: This versatile oven is not only capable of cooking pizza but can also cook, bake, roast, and grill other food items, including vegetables, bread, meat, and fish.
- Large Cooking Space: and use it for cooking 16-inch pizzas, as well as other foods, and can accommodate different cooking utensils.
- Portable: Because of its sleek design and lightness, it is easily transportable.
- Convenient: It’s extremely user-friendly, even for new users, with easy temperature control.
- Easy to Monitor: Thanks to the in-built infrared thermometer and the glass pane, you can easily keep an eye on your cook.
- Stable and Sturdy: Thanks to the tripod legs and security loop, the oven can be placed anywhere and attached to any other furniture.
- Incredible Pizza: While the stone baking board gives the bottom of the crust a delicious texture, the heat retention capability and right fuel use can provide an excellent flavor.
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven: Cons -
- Expensive: If you are an amateur cook and want to buy this over to cook for family and friends, this option is on the pricier side of the scale.
- No Color Option: The body of the oven has a steel finish, and there is no other option in terms of appearance.
- Gas Burner not included: The gas burner is not part of the model and needs to be purchased separately for gas usage.
- Temperature Drop: According to a few customers, a slight temperature drop is noticed over a long duration of cooking, and the fuel needs to be topped. But this is a rare complaint.
Now that you know about the main features and the pros and cons of the Ooni Pro Pizza Oven, let’s understand if it’s right for you.
Who can use Ooni Pro Pizza Oven?
If you are a home cook who loves to whip up pizzas for the family or love to host parties where you can serve delicious pizzas, the Ooni Pro Pizza Oven can be an excellent choice for you. Though it’s a little on the costlier side, the price is worth it, thanks to the fantastic features of the oven.
Every pizza will turn out to be delicious, with incredible flavors. If pizza-making is the love of your life, this oven will enhance your skills and earn you big compliments. What’s more, it’s excellent for beginners. Some users have even managed to get their kids involved in making pizza in this oven.
Where can you use Ooni Pro Pizza Oven?
The Ooni Pro Pizza Oven is perfect for outdoor cooking. You can place it in your garden, backyard, patio, or rooftop. Any spacious area will do as it hits an extremely high temperature quite quickly and creates a lot of smoke. Besides, it is quite large in size and can’t be crammed into a small space.
Having said that, you should also remember that it is sleek and light, which makes it easy to transport. So, if you are going on a hiking trip or a picnic - and have a large vehicle - the oven will travel with you easily. It can be placed anywhere and made to stand in a steady manner.
Final Words: Is Ooni Pro Pizza Oven right for you?
With a sturdy body and incredible cooking abilities, the Ooni Pro Pizza Oven is ideal for you if you want to shell out large pizzas in quick succession. You can also perform other outdoor cooking styles using this oven easily. With multiple fuel options, it allows you to choose convenience and infuse your food with rustic, smoky flavors. All in all, it’s the perfect choice to flaunt your culinary skills.