Mini Rice Cooker
If you are alone in the house or have a small family, the one thing you need is a smaller capacity rice cooker. Sometimes, the bigger and commercial ones might not be what you desire.
Hence, a rice cooker that can cook for one to three people is highly in demand. However, this market is flooded with hundreds and thousands of manufacturers who produce smaller capacity rice cookers or mini rice cookers.
Hence, we are reviewing three of the best mini rice cookers in today’s market. We will discuss their features, pros, and cons in detail so that you can choose for yourself.
Mini rice cookers: An overview
A mini rice cooker generally comes with a capacity of holding 1 to 3 cups of rice. Many people have this misconception that the cookers are not versatile enough.
But that’s totally wrong. Many manufacturers make them in a way that seems like a miniature model of the premium version. So, there is no quality compromisation in mini cookers.
After a lot of product research and considering some expert opinion, we have selected three models for this article. They are
- Aroma Housewares ARC-743-1NGR 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup UNCOOKED) Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
- BLACK+DECKER Uncooked Rice Cooker, 3-cup
- Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic 6-Cup Rice & Grain Cooker with Steam Tray.
Aroma Housewares ARC-743-1NGR 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup UNCOOKED) Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer (Best overall)
|Dimensions:||11.1 x 10.4 x 8.1 inches|
This rice cooker is the best option we have selected. The brand Aroma Houseware is famous when it comes to small appliances. And so are their rice cookers.
This rice cooker comes with a capacity of holding 3 cups of uncooked rice, which makes it an ideal choice for small families. The coker is made of aluminum and is durable enough. The easy one-touch operation is what makes it a user-friendly cooker. All you need to do is press a switch and leave it comfortably. This cooker is smart enough to shift to auto warm mode on its own after cooking.
Also, the nonstick inner pot makes it easier to clean and thereby ensures non-messy cooking.
- Steam tray to steam and boil veggies while cooking rice
- Automatic warm mode included
- Durable build quality
- No off button
- Lack of different rice cooking settings
BLACK+DECKER Uncooked Rice Cooker, 3-cup ( Value for money)
|Dimensions:||8 x 8 x 6 inches|
Up next, we have the famous brand BLACK+DECKER on our list. Their compact 3 cup rice cooker is ideal for traveling or living alone. This one comes with a tiny capacity of holding 3 cups of cooked rice.
The cooker is made of premium quality heat-resistant plastic that does not let it be overheated. It is simple and free of complex settings. A simple one-touch cooking operation does your job perfectly.
Also, the keep warm mode helps you keep the rice edible and fresh for a long time. Moreover, this rice cooker is dishwasher safe, and the inner pot is removable. So, no complex cleaning after cooking.
- Tempered glass lid
- Steam vent
- Automatic warm mode with simple touch operation
- Lack of advanced features
- Not appropriate for multifunctional cooking
Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic 6-Cup Rice & Grain Cooker with Steam Tray. (Another great option)
|Dimensions:||10 x 9 x 10 inches|
The third and final product for this article is the Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic 6-Cup Rice & Grain Cooker. This rice cooker comes with a capacity of 6 cups of rice. The key feature of this rice cooker is that it comes with a Titanium-infused DuraCeramic non-stick coating.
It lasts for 8x longer than any other model and cooks 30% faster than non-stick cooking pots. This scratch-resistant cooker is easy to clean and operate. With its one-touch accessibility, it makes your cooking experience even smoother.
- Titanium-infused DuraCeramic non stick coating
- 30% faster cooking
- Easy to operate
- Doubles as a food steamer
- Not many menu settings
- The power cord is short
What size rice cooker should I buy?
- If you want to serve or cook for one to three people, a three-cup rice cooker is enough. And let’s say you have four to six people in your household; a 5 cup cooker can get your job done. However, it is suggested not to buy a cooker more than your requirement. It consumes a lot of energy.
Is a 3-cup rice cooker enough?
- This again depends upon you. If you cook one to two cups of rice daily, a small 3-cup cooker is more than enough for you. But if the requirement is often more than that, you should consider buying a bigger one.
What can you cook in a mini rice cooker?
- Apart from different kinds of rice, you can cook oatmeal, quinoa, pancakes, pizza, ribs, etc. However, we suggest you achieve the expertise in cooking these sides in a rice cooker then try it.
So, from the above article, we hope you have gathered an idea about mini rice cookers. And most probably you have decided for yourself as well. But let me tell you that if you want to get a coker worth every penny, the Aroma Housewares ARC-743-1NGR 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup UNCOOKED) Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer is your best bet.
The cooker is lightweight, portable, and easy to use. All these features make it an ideal option for small families and travelers. However, there are some minor cons. If you think you can manage these disadvantages, you may give it a shot!